1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not, what rooms do you decorate?
We don’t have that many rooms in our house so I’ll just be decorating the living room (which has the dining table at one end), the hallway and stairs. Photos will follow when it’s done.
2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?
I would love to go to Finland to see the Northern Lights, but I would be equally happy to go to Norway or Iceland for that. Also, Denmark and Sweden would appear fairly high up on my “to visit” list as well.
3. What does the word faith mean to you?
Faith to me is trusting in something even though there is no tangible evidence to prove it. For example, my faith in God.
4. You can go back to your childhood for one day…what day and age would you choose?
I would choose any of the many, many nights my Dad read me to sleep. We covered so many books at bedtime when I was a child and I would love to go back and have him read to me again.
5. When did you last have ‘punch’? If its not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.
I don’t think I’ve ever had punch, but I have had a fair bit of mulled wine in my time! Mulled wine is made by placing a bottle of red wine into a saucepan and adding water, sugar, nutmeg, honey, cloves, cinnamon, orange and lemon slices and even star anise if you’re feeling brave enough and heating it through until all the flavours have combined and mellowed. Love it.
6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?
I do stockings for the children and since Emma became a serious item with Sam, he gets one too. I usually put some fruit (a tangerine and an apple), some chocolate (chocolate coins or a Lindt gold bunny), some nuts (which always end up back in the bowl!), something to do (like a small puzzle book or a brain teaser of some sort) and something silly. Last year they got a pen with big feathers and googly eyes on. The stockings are usually opened after the main presents and this year might just contain a surprise or two….
7. What takes your breath away?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been given the privilege of leading the intercessions in church on Christmas Day which is something I am really looking forward to. I might try my prayers out on my blogging buddies before then to get some feedback if you don’t mind?!