It really is only a week away from Christmas ARGH!!!!
Here’s my Friday Five. If you want to join in, please visit Five Crooked Halos and you’ll find the instructions and the linky link. Happy weekend everyone!
1. What’s the best Christmas present you’ve ever received?
I have had some really nice Christmas presents (as well as the mundane and ordinary…) but the absolute best has to be last year. My husband Kevin rolled over in bed on Christmas morning and said “you have had a really crap year this year (I’d been in hospital four times, lost my job, been ill and had to give up 99% of my life because of my condition) so I thought you might appreciate this…” as he handed me an envelope with 5 pre-paid sessions at a spa. I have had my feet done, reflexology, head massage and oodles of attention this year. A totally brilliant gift, and given with love and compassion which is the best feeling in the world.
2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
My mother-in-law used to buy me clothes all the time – tshirts, blouses, trousers…. – but as I am rather a large lady she would buy me clothes that were about 6 sizes too small. Sigh….
3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
My Christmas tree is traditional greens, reds, pine cones, holly berries, candles, paper ornaments, lights and cinnamon sticks. It looks beautiful and smells even better!
4. “How” do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
I tend to only iron white shirts and black trousers for uniforms. Everything else gets flattened by hand when they are warm from the dryer or worn creased. Life is too short to be smooth!
5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your “must make” items? (I’m looking for recipes here, peeps…)
I do a fair bit of cooking, but my absolute “must bake” item are mince pies. I soak my fruit in rum and add chopped cherries to the good old Robertsons jar of mincemeat, and my pastry is always a work of art (har har!).