Thank you to those who joined in and either commented or emailed me after yesterday’s post. Here are the answers:
Deputy Chief Lucas Davenport
2. Ian Rankin has put Edinburgh on the map with his series featuring which Detective Inspector?
D.I. John Rebus
3. And J Wallace Martin did the same thing for Manchester in her “Bird Yard”, leaving the investigation to whom?
4. In 1997 Lisa See introduced us to crime in China with “The Flower Net” featuring which policewoman?
Detective Lin Hulan
5. Michael Connelly began a series about a Los Angles Police Dept. detective in “The Black Echo”. What is the detective’s name?
6. James Patterson has a series including “Cat and Mouse” all about the same detective. What is his name?
7. John Connolly began a series about Detective Charlie “Bird” Parker in 1999 with which murder mystery?
Every Dead Thing
8. In 2000 Mo Hayder’s first thriller was called “Birdman” and it introduced us to whom?
D.I. Jack Caffery
9. In “Prayer For The Dead”, “Close To The Bone” and “The Edge of Sleep” David Wiltse has created an unusual investigator. His name?
10. A classic series with Scotland Yard background was created by John Creasey under the pseudonym J J Marric, about which detective?
Gideon of the Yard
11. What is the name of Greg Iles’ Louisiana-based cop?
12. In “Hornet’s Nest” and “Southern Cross” Patricia Cornwell presents two new female cops, a Police Chief and her Deputy. Can you name either of them?
Judy Hammer and Virginia West
13. Linda Fairstein’s heroine is not a police woman but an Assistant DA in New York in three books. Her name is …?
14. James Patterson’s thriller “1st To Die” is about a female homicide inspector in San Fransisco. Her name please.
15. What is the name of Martina Cole’s policewoman heroine?
D.I. Kate Burrows
Leave your answers as comments below and I will let you know which are correct. Have fun!!
Questions taken from “The Great Book Of World Facts, Lists and Quizzes”.