Here we are, it’s Wednesday again!! Time for a blog-hop across the Atlantic to Joyce and her hodgepodge.
1. What is something you are loving right now?
I am loving not very much if I am honest! Sorry to start off the post so negatively but there’s a lot of “yeah, that’s ok” in my life right now and not much “wow I love this!!!!”. I am really enjoying exploring my faith on the Alpha course, and I am working on a couple of crochet projects which are keeping me occupied so it’s not all doom and gloom. It’s just not a bed of roses either.
2. Paris, Venice, New York and Rome are considered four of the most romantic cities in the world. Of the four, which one would you most like to visit?
I would most like to visit either New York or Rome but for very different reasons. I don’t really like the idea of Paris – it is portrayed as a city for the young and trendy, the idealistic and the skinny. I am none of these things, but I would like to visit the Louvre and the Notre Dame Cathedral. I feel the same about Venice too. Apart from the gondolas and the canals, what else is there for the middle aged and moderately Northern??
3. Are you a romantic?
I used to be, but I have had it washed out of me by 25 years of experience. I do believe in romance and I love to see it in others, but it’s not something that is part of my life personally. Love is a far bigger experience to me than romance and that suits me down to the ground.
4. What’s your favourite love story made for the Big Screen?
Oh wow, there’s so many to choose from! My top 5 (in no particular order) are:
because not all love stories are straightforward
– because not all love stories have a happy ending
– because not all love stories match what people expect from the couple involved
Father of the Bride
– because not all love stories are about romance as well. Love is love.
The Time Traveller’s Wife
– because it is a beautiful story
5. Everyone loves Pooh bear and friends….which character are you most like and why? Click here for help in answering this question.
Haha I’m Kanga!!!!!
6. What’s the best chocolate something you’ve ever eaten?
I am not a huge chocolate lover, so when I have it it is usually something worthwhile….like Lindt chocolates. Oh boy, you have got to try them if you can get them, they are GORGEOUS. The chocolate shell is divine but the centre is heaven itself. They do a couple of varieties but I prefer the regular ones. Simply bee-ay-ootiful!!!
7. Share a favourite quote about love.
“If you love something let it go. If it comes back to you it is yours forever but if it doesn’t come back it was never yours to own”
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just watching a TV programme about how intelligent animals are. I am blown away by the bird that has just baited its own dinner out of a pond: He took some bread from a family who had thrown it to him and instead of eating it he threw it onto the water. Then he stood and waited….for the fish in the pond to come nibbling it and then went in and caught himself one for lunch! That was impressive enough, but when he did it again a huge koi came for the bread which was too big for the bird to catch so he calmly removed the bread for the water and waited for it to swim off before throwing it in again for smaller fish. Brilliant!!!!