And so to Day 4 – Top Five Favourite Things About The Internet
1. Information – without a doubt the internet is the place to go to for current information. For some things it is the go to place for historical information (I prefer books). I cruise the news sites regularly throughout the day and I think I am solely responsible for keeping Google’s stats up there in the stratosphere.
2. Contact and communication with friends – this point has become more important to me since my illness because I have lost the capability to actually go out and enjoy the company of my friends in real life. Facebook has been my saviour sometimes!
3. Contact and communication with new people – this again is something that has become more important to me since I got ill and keeping up my postaday challenge last year on WordPress has been responsible for making contact and communication with new people important to me. More recently, I have got into contact with people on sites such as Pinterest and Etsy and I’m hoping that the contacts I’m making there will eventually lead to sales.
4. Seeing places you can’t visit – I love looking at maps and photographs of other countries and without the internet my knowledge and interest would be seriously curtailed. I know it’s not the same as actually being there, but looking at the Northern Lights or maps of Canada are one of the gifts of the internet for me.
5. Games – I put my hand up and admit that yes, even me, an intelligent 40 year old wife and mother of two teenagers LOVES to play games on the internet. I wouldn’t go so far as to call myself an all out gamer, but I do like my Zynga and Mindjolt games on the internet!!