Where to start? There seems so much I want to say and so many posts I want to produce but I just don’t know where to start with it all! It seems my break has given me more food for thought than I anticipated and I am happy to report that I am back in business, and raring to go again.
As you may remember, I took a break intentionally because I wanted to give myself a “reading” week and I wanted to get my brain refreshed and relaxed enough to blog on with a renewed vigour but my plans were changed dramatically when my family suffered a devastating loss on 6th March. I was glad that I didn’t have the pressure of my blog to keep up because quite frankly, I didn’t feel it was right to do so and for quite a lot of the time I wasn’t able to.
David’s funeral was on Friday and despite the heartbreaking fact of why we had gathered, it was a wonderful time spent on Thursday and Friday with the assembled family and we had a great time reminiscing and celebrating his life and his legacy.
As I say, there seems so much to say that it is difficult to know where to start so for now, I’m going to do a list of things I intend blogging about as this week unfolds:
1. Family – what it means, why we need that feeling of belonging, how we pull together when the going gets tough.
2. My Gran – Flo. I’ve written about her before, but I stayed with her on Thursday night and we talked and talked until the wee small hours and I’ve got to get some of what we talked about out here in blogland. You will be amazed at what she shared with me!
3. Hopes and Dreams – this one is connected to a bigger topic, but I want to talk about something that happened today with a group of 10/11 year olds at church.
4. Experience Easter – the bigger topic from the point above.
5. Fabrice Muamba – a Premiership footballer who collapsed during a match on Saturday. How sworn “enemies” can put aside their differences when faced with a life and death situation: a lesson for life??
6. Olympic fever – that one speaks for itself!
7. John Rylands Library – a day out with a difference.
8. Plans for the Easter holidays.
9. Spring Equinox – again, this one speaks for itself.
10. Symbols, symbolism, dreams, tokens, coincidence….
There are lots of other things I want to talk about but I think I’ll stick with those 10 for the next couple of days! I have also got my Top 5 30-Day Challenge to complete, and I have picked up another 30 Day Challenge but this time about the subject of Spirituality. Plenty to keep me occupied and I hope you will stick with me while we explore these topics in the coming days.
Thank you for sticking by me while I’ve had my sabbatical. I’m glad to be back 🙂