My top twelve reasons to be grateful this week:
1. I am grateful to everyone who has wished me happy birthday today either in person, by text or on Facebook. I didn’t realise just how many friends I have got 🙂
2. I am grateful to my husband for giving me such a beautiful bunch of flowers (and a huge box of chocolates!) for my birthday today.
3. I am grateful to the carer who wrote my card on behalf of my Gran and put it in the post so it got here in time this weekend. She has never failed to send a card in all my years and now she is nearly totally blind and is completely housebound she relies on carers to do things like that for her now.
4. I am grateful to my church family just for being there and allowing me to be myself. Wednesday’s Pizza and Praise night was a totally joyous evening and we had a great time together. They also sang to me this morning, led beautifully by 4yr old Darcey.
5. I am grateful to Spencer Harris for demonstrating a trust in me to get the job done and for restoring a bit of my self-confidence this week.
6. I am grateful to my Aunty Pat for bringing my Grandma to come and see me today. I’ve not seen either of them for ages and it was a lovely surprise to see them at my back door tonight.
7. I am grateful to my friend Phil for putting up with the grumpy me as well as the happy me throughout this week.
8. I am grateful for my Kindle. I have mentioned it before, but this piece of kit has really revved up my desire for reading and is as almost as a constant companion to me as my mobile phone is! I have read two novels on it this week as well as a tree-book. Note to self…tapping on the edge of a page of a tree-book will NOT turn the page over as it does on a Kindle.
9. I am grateful for my kids. They inspire me, revive me, exasperate me, chastise me, energise me and comfort me.
10. I am grateful for my bed. I have mentioned this before too, but honestly, this week my body has been particularly sore and my bed has been a wonderful haven for me to rest and sleep in. Every time I lie in my bed I say a prayer of thanks.
11. I am grateful for the support and appreciation my blogging family (my “bliblings”) have given me this week. Especially Barefoot Baroness 🙂
12. I am grateful that the Atos nurse on Friday was compassionate and understanding. It might not do me any good, but at least I felt that she listened to me properly.