Thanks to Joyce at “From This Side of the Pond” for hosting another Wednesday Hodgepodge! Here’s my answers but if you’d like to join in, click the graphic above and it will take you to the host site and you can follow the instructions.
1. What’s the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word ‘spring’? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung!, almost there, or still waiting?
When I think of Spring I think “yellow”. My favourite flowers – daffodils – are yellow; Spring means Easter, which means chicks, which are yellow; we begin to see the sun again, which is (obviously) yellow. Yeah. Spring to me is YELLOW!
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob…which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs…did you ever own a slinky?
Oh my bed. I love it, don’t get me wrong, but it is beginning to show signs that it has had about 8 or 9 years of being slept in now and will need to be replaced in the next year or so. The base squeaks whenever we sit on the bed and the memory foam topper appears to be in the early stages of Alzheimers. It seems to have forgotten that it needs to be flat when there’s nobody lying on it and there are parallel dips where we sleep.
And yes, I have had several slinkies and loved them all.
3. March is Women’s History Month. Share a favourite quote by a woman.
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” ―Nora Ephron
4. What’s a question that looms large in your mind right now?
I am contemplating my calling in the church and I am trying to discern what I am being called to do. The questions I have run along the lines of: Do I put myself forward for ordination training, or do I wait and see what the church looks like in a couple of years? Do I think I can make it as a parish priest, or ought I to stay local and serve my own community? Do I stay unpaid, or do I opt for stipendiary? If I stay unpaid (and un-ordained) how am I going to support myself? There will be expenses to be paid and we are barely managing on my husband’s wages as it is so, yeah, questions are looming large right now!
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
I am not a huge sugar fan and I would rather snack on savoury things than sweet ones. That said, I do crave chocolate now and again but that is easily satisfied by a single Twix finger or a Milky Way or something.
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
I am a natural grafter and will work and work and work so no, I would not rather have less thank you. But, here’s a question for you, if you enjoy doing it and would like to do more of it, is it really “work”? I don’t think so. My feeling is if it feels like “work” then do less of it and find something else to occupy your time.
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractionswhich would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
I have never been to Texas and can’t ever see me going, but if I did I would like to see Padre Island National Seashore. Anything where there is sea and a shoreline interests me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m feeling really restless at the minute and I can’t pin down why that is. I am coming to the end of both my courses and just have a couple more assignments to do before a final assessment for each but I don’t think that’s it. I have got plenty to keep my busy, with church things to do, my assignments and coursework as well as things for the house so I don’t think that’s it either. I don’t feel confined to the house which sometimes happens, so it’s not that. So what is it??!
I think the answer may lie in the projects I want to do but can’t justify the time spending on just now. I want to break out my paints and get arty, and I have a couple of sewing projects lined up but with so much else going on I can’t really devote time to them just yet. I think the answer may also lie in the fact that Spring is threatening to burst and that means things NEW and CLEAN and FRESH, such as a big house clean, or garden tidy up etc. But it hasn’t quite sprung yet…and it’s making me impatient to get cracking!