Here’s the obligatory list of facts about myself….no doubt it will grow as my life evolves!
1. I have two wonderful kids
2. I am a musician
3. I believe in God and try to live my life as a living embodiment of Christ’s teaching
4. I share my life with my best friend
5. I love photography. The more I do the more I realise that I want to learn more about it.
6. I love oil painting and sketching. And I wish I was better at them both!
7. My favourite times are when I’m with my family and when I’m in the open air.
8. I am a cyclist and in 2010 year raised nearly £1000 by cycling from Morecambe to Scarborough in aid of The Parkinson’s Disease Society.
9. I am a big reader. I’ll read most things, but am not very keen on the big “epic” novels by lady authors, and I’m not a huge fan of Science Fiction, but I love crime, thrillers, police procedurals, mysteries, vampire fiction, biographies, historical novels, the classics….the list is pretty extensive and diverse.
10. My favourite time of the year is Autumn
11. I love Christmas time and love to decorate my house with traditional greens and reds and lots of fresh foliage.
12. I loathe modern Christmas decorations. Too tacky, too loud, too false.
13. I have an extremely wide taste in music and my mp3 player in shuffle mode is something else!!
14. I want to go to Norway.
15. I would like to see proper European Europe – the bit that’s not Spain, Portugal or France.
16. I would love to tour America in a camper van with my best friend and a labrador dog.
17. I’ve only ever been on an aeroplane twice. Well one trip, but we went both ways.
18. I’m not much of a film buff but I do know what I like. And I like a good film….
19. I would love to live in an old 3-storey, bay-fronted Victorian terraced house.
20. I passed my driving test on the second attempt
21. My best holidays have been camping. My caravan literally is my second home and the best place to be in it is in deepest Scotland with the wind and rain lashing down outside, the radio on in the inside, and lots of laughter to keep us warm
22. I love cooking.
23. And baking.
24. And my Gran who taught me how to bake.
25. I was the principal cornet player of the Middleton Band and my proudest moment was winning the National Brass Band Championships in 2007.
26. I have been forced to give up playing my cornet because of an ongoing health problem which has no name but causes a lot of pain and sickness.
27. I conduct the Todmorden Community Band and love the new channel my musical gift has found.
28. I am a Sunday School teacher at my church.
30. I have accepted that my novel probably will never get written….
31. I have an online business selling handmade crafts. My business partners are my husband and my Mum.
32. I am studying to be an Authorised Lay Minister.
33. My favourite crafting activity is crocheting.
34. I collect all sorts of things – patterns, books, music, glasses, bottles, ideas, pictures, junk, cloth, wool, ornaments….the list is endless!
35. I have a little teddy bear made of string that I turn to when I am hurting inside or feeling extremely vulnerable and raw. I don’t know where he came from or who he has belonged to, but when I have to go in hospital or am awake with pain in the middle of the night I find that String Ted with his cute little face and his wholesome smell reminds me that I’m not alone.